New Zealand citizens are required a Vietnam visa if they want to enter Vietnam. In this section, we will supply you with information about Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand citizens.
Thanks to being a breathtaking country to spend a holiday and a potential market to seek business opportunities, Vietnam is an ideal destination that more and more New Zealander come to this country day by day. The procedures to get visa are not as difficult as in the past, so do not worry so much!
Do New Zealand citizens need visa for Vietnam?
If you are a citizen of New Zealand, you are required Visa to visit Vietnam. Since 1996, thanks to new rule of Vietnam Government, all New Zealand citizens coming to Vietnam can pick up visa at Vietnam airport.
Why do New Zealand nationals need a Vietnam Visa to enter Vietnam? Because this country is not in Vietnam Exemption list from visa. In case you are not New Zealand citizens, please look up the list below to check for your nationality.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
There are 2 ways to get a visa in New Zealand. In case you do not know 2 ways, please read How to get a Vietnam visa quickly in New Zealand for a detailed guide to response Vietnam Visa Requirements for England citizens.
Here are some information when applying Vietnam Visa:
– The website of Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand will help you get address of the Embassy, in case you want to apply a Vietnam visa directly.
– Your passport must be at least SIX MONTH valid prior to your proposed date of exit from Vietnam (ex. Visa issued for 01st – 30th March, 2018, passport expiration date must be from 30th September, 2018 on wards).
– Photo must be taken within 6 months.
– Processing time: 5-7 working days
– You can also get a visa agent apply for Vietnam Visa On Arrival for you if you live far away from the Vietnam Embassy and do not want to lose the documents (such as passport, money or documents) by postal mail or traffic jam once visiting Vietnam Embassy, you will pick up your visa at one of Vietnam International Airports.
Stamping Vietnam Visa at Vietnam international airport
As said above, when you apply Visa on Arrival, you will pick your visa at Vietnam International Airport with you land and get your visa stamped there. In a short time, you show your approval letter which was sent to your email and can stamp visa at one of Vietnam international airport gates.
International airport that permit the use of a Vietnam visa on arrival for New Zealander
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
Passenger should prepare the following documents to stamp Visa at the airport:
– Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (which had been sent to your email)
– Immigration Form
– Passport and remaining period of over 6 months, with at least 2 blank pages
– Two 4×6 photos with white background, taken within 6 months and without glasses
– Stamping fee
When applying Visa On Arrival, you can use FAST TRACK service with quick support for stamping visa at Vietnam airports or some extra services to make your trip comfortable and rhythmic such as CAR PICK UP, BOOKING HOTEL, BOOKING TOUR,…
Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand citizens to work
Whoever wants to work in other countries all need a work permit, it is considered one of Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand citizens. A work permit allows foreigners in general and New Zealand employers to stay and work in Vietnam for a long time, because they can not apply for a tourism visa in this situation.
If you want to response this kind of Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand citizens, you should note that:
- Person who does not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, please let Visa Agent know so they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time travelers must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will redo or correct free of charge or refund as required by passenger
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can travel by air or road or waterway from New Zealand or from other countries to Vietnam.
Vietnam visa extension for New Zealand citizens
A published provisions of the Government of Vietnam said that foreigners are only allowed to stay in Vietnam for a limited period. So one of Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand citizens is extension for Vietnam visa. If a passenger has visa expired but they do not get further extension, they will be punished due to overdue visa, can be deported from Vietnam and listed on the entry blacklist.
It is a fact that when you enter Vietnam Tan Son Nhat border gate in Ho Chi Minh City, Moc Bai border gate Tay Ninh Province, you will easily extend your visa and save cost than Noi Bai border gate in Hanoi or Da Nang and Nha Trang.
Vietnam Visa extension – the last type of Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand citizens – has 3 kinds of visa: trade visa, tourism visa, and work visa. Procedures of each kind are different.