This article will explain the customers all the information about Vietnam visa extension and renew it so that you can extend your stay permit in Vietnam without leaving the country. It includes:
- Where to extend Vietnam visa
- How to extend visa in Vietnam
- Vietnam visa extension cost
Kindly note that the cost and length to extend Vietnam visa will depend on your original visa and also the duration you want to extend.
But before you go, kindly be noted that:
- If you entered Vietnam with Visa Exemptions, E-Visas or Tourist Visas from March 1, 2020, you will be eligible for “automatic stay permit extension” until August 31, 2020, and are allowed to exit Vietnam at any time until August31 without following any stay permit extension procedure. It means that if you are in Vietnam under those visa categories, you entered the country on or after March 1, 2020 and your visa becomes expired before August31, 2020, you can leave Vietnam after your visa expiry date, but by August 31, 2020, without penalty for overstaying.
►Based on the Vietnam policy, it means you don’t have to extend your visa to EXIT Vietnam by August 31, 2020. However, if you plan to stay in Vietnam after August 31, 2020, then you do need to apply for a visa extension.
If you entered BEFORE March 1, 2020, you will be eligible for the same policy if you show either of the following documents:
► A certification by your diplomatic mission in Vietnam through an official Diplomatic Note stating that you are stuck in Vietnam due to Covid19 (attached with a Vietnamese translation);
► Documents issued by the Vietnamese authorities certifying that you have undergone quarantine for 14 days or treatment for COVID-19 or are stuck here due to reasons beyond your control.
You are required to show those documents when leaving Vietnam to ensure no charge for overstaying.
► However, it is only applied for those who will leave Vietnam by August 31, 2020.
- In case you are eligible for an “automatic visa extension”, you are required to declare your temporary residence permission to local police and complete health declaration.
- If you don’t meet the conditions in section 1 or you have committed illegal behaviors, you shall be subjected to the Vietnamese laws.
For instant, those in Vietnam under a business visa are required to extend visa before it expired.
What is visa extension or renewal?
And how they are different from each other?
- Visa extension
Visa extension is an action that is applied for foreigners who wish to prolong their stay in Vietnam without leaving the country. Besides, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department. By this action, you will get a new extension stamp from the Immigration Department on your passport pointing out your new stay duration.
Note: Visa extension is good for both single and multiple entry if your visa is business visa.
Tourist visa can only be extended for single entry.
Visa renewal almost the same as visa extension, it also permits foreigners to extend their stay longer than the expiry date in Vietnam without exiting.
However, if you apply for a new visa, you will be granted a new visa stamp and stay duration stamp on your passport with the new period permission. Therefore, the fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
Note: This service is now suspended by the Vietnam Immigration Department from February. They have not made any statements on when the policy is reapplied so we will keep you updated immediately if they have any confirmation about this issue.
Visa Extension/Renewal Requirements
To extend/review Vietnam visa, your original passport must be met the requirements below:
- be valid for at least 06 months from the time of extension/renewal.
- have at least 02 blank pages.
- Some related documents based on your type of visa.
Why should you choose a visa extension?
- The only choice to continue remaining in Vietnam legally after your visa expiry date without leaving the country as visa run is not available during COVID 19
- Save your cost as the extension fee is much cheaper than the renewal fee.
- Avoid being taken into the blacklist of the Vietnam Immigration Department because of overstaying.
- Have more time to settle your business in Vietnam which might be interrupted if you leave Vietnam and then come back with a new visa, or cannot come back in COVID 19.
Where to Extend Visa in Vietnam
Our office information:
- Address: 1 Floor, 56 Nguyen Cu Trinh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18
- WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: email@example.com
How to extend Vietnam visa
You can apply for a visa extension on your own directly at the Vietnam Immigration Department or apply through Visaonlinevietnam.com for your most convenience.
In case you use our services, you only need to go through the following 3 steps to get your visa successfully extended.
- Step 1: Send us your copy of passport and the page containing your current Vietnam visa stamp and entry visa through email firstname.lastname@example.org, and then we will inform whether your visa can be extended or not, the price as well as the processing time.
- Step 2: Send your original passport to our address and pay the extension fee.
- Step 3: Get your passport with extended stay within 7 working days normally or 4 working days in urgent case upon your request.
Extend My Visa
Vietnam Visa Extension Cost and Duration
The visa extension Vietnam can be applied for types of visa as below:
- extend original visa exemption for up to 3 months;
- extend original 3 months visa (tourist/business) for up to 3 months;
- extend original 5 years visa exemption certificate for 3 months up to 6 months;
- extend original e-visa for 1 month or up to 3 months;
- extend 1 year visa for US passport holder (tourist/business) for up to 3 months;
- extend temporary stay of APEC Business Travel Card holders for up to 1 month.
Kindly note that the cost and length to extend Vietnam visa will depend on your original visa and also the duration you want to extend. Please feel free to contact us at +84.968.187 718 or email@example.com for the quotes.
Give me the quotes!
Why Vietnam Visa Extension with us?
- 10+ years experience: Since 2007, we have assisted over 100,000 travelers to successfully extend their visa in Vietnam.
- No hidden charge: all the costs of visa extension are clearly communicated with you before the service. We do not charge you anything afterwards.
- Responsibility: We will sign an agreement with rights and obligations of each party concerning the visa extension.
- Convenience: We can support you to extend your visa no matter where you are in our Vietnam
Frequently Asked Questions
Vietnam visa extension in Ho Chi Minh City
Can I extend my visa in Vietnam?
Just send a copy of your passport and the page containing your current visa stamp and entry visa to our email Sales@visaonlinevietnam.com and we will check and let you know whether you can extend visa in Vietnam or not.
Is Vietnam visa extension available for visa exemption?
Of course. It is possible to extend visa exemption in Vietnam. We can assist you to get it extended for 15 days, 1 month or 3 months. Just a soft copy of your passport and the page containing your current visa to our email Sales@visaonlinevietnam.com and we will support you for further information.
Vietnam visa extension before trip departure
Q: I have a 1-month tourist visa. Is it possible to carry out my tourist visa extension online prior to my trip departure to prevent any unwanted hassle of extending it in Vietnam? If it’s possible, please let me know the procedure and requirements for it.
A: No, you cannot to extend your Vietnam visa if you are not in Vietnam. The procedure is not a hassle at all. In case you need to extend your visa in Vietnam, kindly contact us at +84.968.187 718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I want to get 3-month single entry visa extension for 2 passports. One is Canadian and the other is Khmer. The present visas are 3 months, multiple entry and expire in 10 days ahead. Where is the best place (Visa center) in Ho Chi Minh to extend our visas? How much should it cost for a 3 month, Single Entry Visa Extension? How long does it take and what is the procedure? Thanks.
A: Please be kindly informed that we can assist you to get your visa extended. The processing time is 14 working days (normal processing) or 7 working days (urgent processing).
First of all, please send photos of your passport, including your personal information page and current visa page to our email email@example.com Then our consultant will get back to you with whether or not your passport can be extended, visa extension fee, and steps on application for visa extension as well.
Q: Hi there. I’m traveling in Vietnam for 4 weeks in total but my visa expires in 2 upcoming weeks. Is it possible to get an extension from the Immigration Office in Ho Chi Minh City because I don’t want to leave the country?
A: Please be kindly informed that at the moment, travelers cannot extend visa directly at the Vietnam Immigration office, but through a travel agent in Vietnam.
First of all, you need to check whether your visa can be extended or not. To do so, please send photo of your passport, including your personal information page and current visa page to our email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our consultant will get back to you with details for your visa extension.
Can I extend my 15 days visa in Vietnam?
Yes. If you are staying in Vietnam under 15 days visa exemption, we can assist you to extend it for 15 days, 1 months, 2 months or 3 months. Just leave us a message here or +84.968.187 718 or email@example.com.
Vietnam tourist visa extension
- My Vietnam tourist visa expires on April 20. Can I have it extended and how long is my visa extension valid for?
- Yes. We can help you to extend your tourist visa for up to 3 months, depending on your request. Just send us a photo of your current visa page to our email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp or Viber (+84.968.187 718). We will check and get back to you soon.
Disclaimers: While we put an effort to ensure that the provided information is correct and up-to-date, there are probably changes which we are unaware of.